Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining

I'm having a very hard time determining how I really feel. One second I feel really hurt and the next I'm happy, but the happiness is fake because it's just as temporary as your hat on. Then I see a picture, a fat and warm picture and I'm feeling dumb. Then I see what isn't there anymore and I feel pointless. Then I realize what will never be there and I finally write in here to try to let it out and I can't, I have to do it all in code. It's pointless. This circular reasoning is not going to stop. What we have is not a priori anymore, it is empirical knowledge and what that means is I am now going through the problem of induction. I can't depend on the inference that the future will resemble the past because that's just it - it's an inference. And that inference is based on an inference that the future will resemble the past. It will always be circular. If it was still a priori we wouldn't have this problem because it required no thinking, it was like the statement "Bachelors are not married". It was something we could know without thinking about it. But now I don't know, I have to think about it and I'm not coming to a conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment