Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jose Gonzales - Stay In The Shade

I'm not going to lie. This blog keeps me sane sometimes. It's terrible that I don't write in my journal anymore. I wrote everyday, in various versions of journals put out by Urban Outfitters, and if it wasn't from there, I didn't write in it. Obviously things I wrote in my journal are very different from what I wrote about on here, but in a way I'm saying everything I need to say here, even if it's nothing. I have so many bookmarks of blogs and I think "What if?" but I'll never have the courage. Anyway, my new friend Christian (I love saying 'my new friend'. It makes me feel happy.) asked me who my favourite artist is and I have no idea, honestly. If I said Elbowtoe, I'm pretty sure he'd have no idea who I was speaking of and I didn't want to be cliche and say like Salvador Dali (even though he's at the top) or Van Gogh or something silly. So I did some research and these are my eye candy:

I really wish I could remember the name of this artist. Off to a bad start.



Sam Taylor-Wood. There's one he did of a girl airborne and each limb is held up by a red balloon. Brilliant.

Richard Prince. I'm not the biggest fan, but I think he deserves a lot of credit. Texture is great.

Andres Serrano. His pictures are pretty religious, with this one and ones of the Virgin Mary and the Pieta. The weird thing is all of these pictures are in a series called the 'Piss Pictures'. Makes one wonder.

Oliver Warden. I obviously like the bird, but his other work is equally cool, if not more so. I suggest looking him up, but he wouldn't be the first I'd check out on this list.

Misrach. Now this nigga I would totally recommend checking out right now. I'm so blown away, it's retarted.

Dash Snow. Firstly, the name is sick. Secondly, I'm not really feeling this first one, but I think it shows his wide span of style. The second one is an installation he did in multiple hotel rooms across the country. Basically, it's a room compiled of torn up phones books and yellow pages. Nothing says party better than that.



This concludes the Art Issue of my brain.
As for music, I am pretty fond of Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis's version of "Auld Lang Syne":

No comments:

Post a Comment