Friday, May 29, 2009

Got to NJ the 27th around 7:15 PM. This is what has happened so far (assume every activity is with Joseph)...

The 27th:
1. Pick up - Joey picked me up from the airport with one really beautiful (and beautifully scented) rose, a wheelchair and his polaroid camera. He snapped a shot of me in the chair, rose in hand and the sunlight was coming in pretty nicely. He rolled me down to baggage claim and people stared but I don't care, it was romantic and made me feel at home again.
2. Art Show - Went to the art show at the high school after I landed. Janine was around the hallway corner and let out a loud shriek! That also made me feel at home. I saw Nicki Nessine, the Bowles', Mrs. Cohen and all the art teachers. It seemed like a lot more but I guess that's it. I didn't get to see much artwork but it was still fun!
3. Nevada Diner - Met up with Marcelo, Amy and Donna. Alicia joined shortly after I got there. It was so great to witness how conversation is back home. In Arizona, every group of people I've hung out with, whether we're all just meeting each other or they all know each other, no one laughs louder than socially accepted, touches arms when agreeing or laughing, or talks at the same time. I really miss just regular conversation. I didn't even know how to participate but that could have been because M, A and D hang out all the time. But yeah, it might sound weird, but I loved the half hour long discussion about what dessert Marcelo should order.

the 28th:
1. Grandpa's - Visited Grandpa's and Joe's Aunt Carol was there so it was nice being with them. We watercolored some statue Joe found and of course, Joe's was the best, but they all turned out nice. It made Aunt Carol happy to see G-pa using the watercolor set. Joe painted a walrus and I'm keeping it.
2. Up - Saw the midnight showing of "Up" which was surprisingly sad. But you really can't go wrong with Pixar. At some parts I forgot I was wearing 3D glasses until they killed the side of my head! Anyway, very good movie. You should see it.

the 29th:
1. Brookdale's 100th Birthday Bash (with Alicia and the rest of the Mac ladies) - A lot of speeches, but good speeches, especially Dr. Autore (not sure if I'm spelling that right). Saw and conversed with: Mrs. Scott (2nd grade), Mrs. Rizzo (3rd grade), Mrs. Faller (6th grade/my favorite teacher EVER), Mr. Mayer (gym teacher and soccer coach), Mrs. Nicoletti (secretary), Mrs. Dye, Mrs. Vetrano and David, Karin Kuo, and Mr. Lombardi (computer teacher). There were probably more, but seeing Mrs. Faller was the ultimate best! They dug up the time capsule that they dug up and buried again in 2000. This time I didn't get to see what was taken out or what was being put in but it was still nice.
2. High School - Joe presented his artwork to the WORLD! (world=Mrs. Reed's art class) I was a wittle assistant. He did a really good job. Everyone was impressed and I was super proud of him! La La Love :)

The night is still not over. We're probably going to Applebees for dinnah and then going to play pool with Romero and mystery person. Long term, though, I'm in a terrible situation. Rudy asked me to work for Samir and I listened to my parents and said yes. But Deanna gave me my job back at Gencarelli's so I don't know how this is going to work out especially since I don't want to work weekends! Agh...

No comments:

Post a Comment