Friday, January 29, 2010

Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances

I haven't been keeping up with any blogs lately and I feel lazy but at the same time I'm really busy. I'm crossing my fingers for an internship this summer. I'm pretty confident it will happen since I'm thinking so far in advance and getting in contact with so many people already. It really is a good feeling to do something that will benefit me and I'm doing it with no help from anyone else. I mean obviously, having connections and networking is the main reason why this would even work out in my favor, but no need for mommy or daddy to call people and do it for me. I feel very independent and really hope I can live either with Joe or with friends in BK (like the coolest little hipster I are) and just do what I love to do. I was naive last year thinking I'd live above grandpa, although I would still LOVE to do that. But I really long for 40 oz, sweaty from the humidity, chillin' on rooftops, nights.
I hope I can save enough money until then so I won't have to work on the weekends. To be honest, I'm broke and I kind of like it. PB&Js, ramen, toast and mom's leftovers...yum.

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is quickly approaching. I'm pretty excited, especially for my friends working there! I love mah babies. I thought about signing up for that whole volunteer thing on the website but school ruins that. BUT I did attempt to win tickets and the winner was supposed to be announced tonight but still hasn't been so I'm kinda freakin' about that.

For the first time in over a month I finally read the Life&Style section of the WSJ and I'm glad I did. There's a pretty interesting article on the business behind Lady Gaga - if you're into that thing, read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment