Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Frames - People Get Ready

When people ask me why I did it, I'm most likely going to respond with something simple like "Just felt like it" or "it was getting too long, hard to work with" or the like. Which is partly true. I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel like it, and it was getting pretty frustrating. Showers lasted incredibly too long, it took forever to air dry, and at night I would have to pull it over my head as to not strangle myself to death in the middle of my sleep.

But in reality, it was so much more than just a hair cut. My mom calls it a "new and improved" me. Maybe I don't have to be new, but I definitely needed an improvement. I really do feel like this is a new start, a new beginning. Of course, it will take time, a lot more time, but at least a load was taken off of my shoulders, so to speak. This is kind of gay, but it was more of a release for me. Like I was chopping off a web of lies. At first she stopped at the chin, but I just had this urge inside of me to scream "Don't stop! Cut it all off!", which she then did once I calmly said, "more, more, more!" I was hiding a lot behind my hair, but now I'm completely exposed. Nothing is hiding anymore. Not only can you see me clearly now, but I can see everything clearly. That was my past and I really am trying to be as hopeful as possible for the future. I just need you to love me enough.

So, on a hopeful note, I leave you with this.



You should also watch "Heal this Nation - Obama Ad" that's in the suggested videos after that one ^. You should learn the alphabet from this one V.

No comments:

Post a Comment