Friday, October 17, 2008

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - May It Always Be

I woke up today in a different state of mind.

Last night I watched The Notebook, probably the last movie I should have watched in my current state, but I watched it. The plot hasn't changed, the actors are all the same and the lines were spoken again, just as last time. Nothing about the movie changed, but I felt something totally different than what I've felt the past times I've watched it. I finally asked, "Why do people think it's sad?" My heart wanted to burst when she finally remembered and they danced to our song, but in a good way. He never gives up, she leaves, he writes, she falls in love, he finds her, she finds him, they die in each others' arms. I think it's safe to say I'm now taking on all of these things that both of them do, and if my future turns out anything like theirs, I will die happy.

Being 18 and in love was one of the scariest ideas, I thought. Now it's all I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment