Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Morning Jacket - Gideon

Tonight I was asked one of the best questions I was ever asked. "What makes you feel free?" I think everyone needs to think about this. You'd be surprised what answer you come up with, and I think if you truly thought long and hard, you'd appreciate whatever it is that makes you feel free so much more just because you are simply acknowledging how powerful that one thing is.

For me, it's quite simple. I find freedom in the wind dancing with my hair. Any kind of adrenaline rush, I guess you could say. Specifically, though, I am free when I can spread my arms as wide as possible and tilt my head back, eyes closed, and just feel the wind and the sunlight. Riding front row on a roller coaster, standing at the front of a speedboat, cliff jumping, riding on a motorcycle, or simply driving with the windows down and the music way up. It's everything to me.

On a musical note, tomorrow I will be going to my parents' house with a great friend of mine. There, not only will we have my favorite dinner, but we'll be seeing Iron & Wine! I've only started listening to them recently, and I cannot stop.




Oh my gosh, that video for "Boy With A Coin" is absolutely perfect. I am the luckiest little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment