Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Radiohead - House of Cards

I watched Into the Wild again today. Man, that's such an influential movie. Not to mention, Emile Hirsch is absolutely beautiful in every shot, yes even when he's emaciated. I'm certain that if that was a documentary and he lived and then came to visit me in a far away land I would just marry him on the spot and then be whisked away on his Magic Bus. No matter how many time I watch it, I am just as upset over the ending as the first time I watched it; when I had no idea that it was based on a true story. I cried my little eyes out that rainy night.




His role was obviously amazing in this movie, so it's no surprise that any movie he's in, I adore (except, of course, Girl Next Door and Speedracer). I knew he was going to do great things once I saw him in Imaginary Heroes. To this day, it is still my favorite movie, along with American Beauty and Into the Wild. What's makes Imaginary Heroes even cooler than it already is, is the fact that it was filmed in Glen Ridge, New Jersey with some scenes in Brookdale Park. Gosh, how I wish I was there that day.



So the moral of the story is this; Sean Penn was, is and will always be amazing. Whether it's as Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High or the Academy Award Winner for Best Actor in Mystic River, he is, as a matter of fact, a fucking great actor. Not only that, he's becoming a modern day John Lennon, just not as radical and well, he's no John Lennon. But you should check it - http://www.peace.ca/seanpenn.htm

You should also check the new movie Milk that not only Sean Penn is in, but also Emile Hirsch AND James Franco. What a beautifully crafted cast. Hirsch is so lucky to have worked with him both on screen and off. Holy shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment