Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fleetwood Mac - You Make Loving Fun

Last post was my 100th, so I guess that's cool. This is probably the longest online journal I've kept. Oh! And today is Earth Day! It should be everyday but hey, I'll take it. I'll also gladly take that reusable cloth bag from the market I got for free for spending over $10! That made me happy. I wanted to write this really long post but now I'm not quite sure why, or rather what I wanted to say. Okkervil River is playing on the lawn literally right outside my door on Friday so I'm pretty freakin' excited for that. Okay, whatever, it's getting late. Let's get to the chase.

What do you love that starts with 'D'?
I love my Dad, my dog, and Death Cab For Cutie. Obviously, I love my Dad, as everyone else does, so cliche, blah blah blah. I won't go into detail but I'm really happy he's my dad.

I love my dog! Tess is amazing and always greets me in such a fun, loving way whenever I go to Tucson, and she always knows when something is wrong. She knows when to be playful and quiet and I hope she sticks around long enough so I can bring her back to NJ/NY after graduation!

Here's a mixture of my dog and my dad:



Death Cab For Cutie. I don't know the exact year I started listening to them but the first song I ever heard was 'Blacking Out the Friction' thanks to a mix CD Joe made me. Then I saw my friend Dante with their CD Transatlanticism and the album cover pulled me in. I've seen them at the little theater in Madison Square Garden (Joseph and I held hands under the seat for 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark'), in Brooklyn (at a public pool that was drained along with the SICKEST storm I've ever been caught in...like the wind was making the equipment rock back and forth, the darkest storm clouds were rolling in, and they were playing 'I Will Possess Your Heart' and if you know that intro, you KNOW shit was amazing. Everyone was going nuts in a good way and then once DCFC said peace, it was going nuts in a bad way. The cafe was oh so sweet afterward), and in Tucson (which was in a gymnasium-type room so sound quality sucked by Cold War Kids were pretty good).





Until next time, haterz.

No comments:

Post a Comment