Thursday, April 16, 2009

Eric Hutchinson - Rock and Roll

Saw Justin Kredible on my campus tonight with Kristin. It was so great, I might have been laughing more this time than when he hosted/opened up for Jason Mraz. I'd love to type everything out so I can remember just how great it was, but I'm tired and need to continue my little pattern I got going on. But know that it was so funny, he's so attractive, and I was so excited to have him sign a second poster for me!

What do you love that starts with 'C'?
I love Cirque du Soleil. I love that it translates to "circus of the sun". I love the music, costume, make-up, settings, story-line, everything! These people are so talented. In the back of every program they show a portrait of each character normally and a portrait of them in full costume. I secretly look in the back with a predetermined idea that it will always be an all-Chinese cast, and secretly get happy when I see someone from the United States in there. The shows are always unbelievable and after seeing my first show I wanted to it for a living; my mother signed me up for gymnastics after that. Oh well! Here are the ones I've seen thus far:

Varekai. I only remember a few things from this one, I think I was young:


Mystere. This one had tiny pictures that just didn't want to get bigger, so here's the trailer, which is much better than the pictures:


O. This was my ultimate favourite! I was so sure they were going to bore me with water, but wow did they prove me wrong. It was fucking amazing and I hope I can one day see it again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0pW2ty75s&feature=related

Ka. So we're sitting in orchestra seats and it begins. It was my fourth show, second being seen in Las Vegas, first time I was disappointed - not because of the show, but because after about 5 minutes in, there's a half hour delay due to 'technical difficulties'. Such shit!! They gave us tickets to see Blue Man Group instead, which was really good, but can never even compare. I was so upset, I couldn't believe it. Now I really would go see this if I had the money, no doubt.



Alegria: This one was my first and I was SO young, but I remember a lot, especially the song you'll hear in the video. It still gets stuck in my head today and I listen to it on my handy dandy cassette tape. Anyway, this show got me hooked and it wasn't until I saw it on Discovery Channel a few years after that I realized it wasn't some cool circus that only I knew about (wahh!):


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMkfo6_UvM

No comments:

Post a Comment